|Daughter of Aphrodite|
|Former Counselor of Cabin Ten|
|Family||Aphrodite (mother) |
Mr. Beauregard (father)
Members of Aphrodite's Cabin (Maternal half-siblings)
|Eye Color|| Brown (The Demigod Files)|
Blue (The Last Olympian)
|Hair Color|| Black (The Demigod Files)|
Brown (The Last Olympian)
Blonde (The Ultimate Guide)
|Affiliation|| Olympians |
|Home|| Camp Half-Blood (formerly) |
|Appearances|| The Sea of Monsters |
The Titan's Curse
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Demigod Files
The Last Olympian
The Lost Hero (mentioned)
|“||"He told me he wouldn't hurt...Charlie. He lied to me."||”|
–Silena, with her dying breath, in The Last Olympian
Silena Beauregard is a Greek demigod daughter of Aphrodite, girlfriend of Charles Beckendorf, and the former head counselor of Cabin #10, the Aphrodite Cabin at Camp Half-Blood. She was killed by the Lydian Drakon in The Battle of Manhattan. She was declared a hero by Clarisse. She will be portrayed by Zoe Aggeliki in the film adaptation of The Sea of Monsters.
Silena is shown to be in charge of the Pegasus stable. She gives Percy his first riding lesson on a pegasus. Percy Jackson thinks she is very pretty and describes her as, "one of the nicer Aphrodite girls."
Silena isn't happy that the Hunters of Artemis are at Camp Half-Blood, and has a brief sparring match with them, leading to her participation in Capture the Flag. Zoë Nightshade taunts her about her mother and about her strong belief in love. She mocks Silena about her desire to not be seen, though she is the daughter of the love goddess. Silena is shown to be passionate and furious towards those who deny the existence of love (especially The Hunters of Artemis), as shown when she said, "I'll show them 'Love is worthless'. I'll pulverize the Hunters!"
Silena makes a brief appearance when Percy first arrives in the camp riding a pegasus. Later, she is checking off the cabins, making sure they are clean and in order, and awarding points and prizes for the cleanest cabin. She smiles (with a wink) at Percy when his cabin is spotless and has beautiful adornments (thanks to Tyson who was right there in the cabin when Percy entered). It is noted that she is very brutal about ratings of cabins with bare walls. If she sees one little speck of dirt, Silena starts giving criticisms. It says she likes things nice and pretty.
Silena's and Annabeth's team are up against Percy's and Charles Beckendorf's team. Silena and Annabeth capture Percy, but he tells them that Beckendorf is captured by the Myrmekes. Banding together, Silena and Annabeth bravely help Percy find the Bronze Dragon and put it back together, saving Beckendorf. Afterwards, Beckendorf asks Silena to the fireworks, which is the most romantic event that Camp Half-Blood has every year. It is possible that the events in the story were a plan by Silena with Annabeth's help to get Beckendorf to build up enough confidence to ask Silena out, but the smiling girls do not confirm it when Percy confronts them about it. It also said that Silena had tried to give Annabeth a makeover.
Silena takes part in the Battle of Manhattan with the other demigods, but is devastated after Beckendorf's death. In the battle, she goes up to Olympus and hears Percy's orders. She passed the information to Kronos that the Ares cabin wasn't there to defeat the Lydian Drakon. She goes back to Camp Half-Blood to convince the Ares Cabin to fight while the battle's raging on in New York as she and Clarisse are best friends. It is said that Silena tries to convince Clarisse to come, but she refuses. Later she leads the Ares cabin into battle dressed in Clarisse's armor and fights against the Lydian Drakon, even though a child of Ares is destined to kill it. She then gets hit with drakon poison in the face and while dying she reveals that she was Kronos' spy. She did it because before she liked Charles Beckendorf, she was charmed by Luke, who convinced her that she would be saving lives and that Charlie wouldn't be hurt.
Afterwards, she wanted to stop being a spy, but Luke blackmailed her saying that he would reveal her secret if she ever stopped. Her last words were "Charlie... See Charlie..." She eventually joins Beckendorf in Elysium. This mirrors an event in the Trojan War when Achilles' cousin, Patroclus, leads their army into battle because Achilles refuses to go. Patroclus is killed by Hector and after that Achilles brutally kills Hector, like how Clarisse goes on a rampage after Silena's death. Because the campers held Silena in high regard, no one says the word "spy" during the burning of her shroud, which is described as hot pink with an electric spear embroidered on it. The campers of Ares' cabin and Aphrodite's cabin both claim that she is a hero except Drew.
Although deceased, Silena is mentioned by Drew, the new head counselor. According to Drew, Silena didn't complete Aphrodite's Rite of Passage, and deserved what she got. Drew calls her a traitor. However, Piper, the Ares cabin, and nearly everyone that was there when she was alive say that she was a hero. However, since Drew wasn't there, she disagrees because of Silena's alliance to Kronos, and because she fell in love and stayed in love.
She is noted to be kind and caring to the other campers. Percy once described her as one of the nicest girls in the Aphrodite cabin, also saying that Silena was a neat freak. She loved Beckendorf, and began to date him after the Demigod Files, but before Beckendorf, she liked Luke and became his spy. Later on, she stopped liking Luke, leading him to blackmail her into giving him information by saying he would not harm Beckendorf as an agreement. Being a daughter of Aphrodite, she cares strongly for the people she loves. After the death of Beckendorf, she becomes filled with guilt, but it doesn't stop her from helping her fellow campers and coming clean before she dies.
It is unknown what Silena definitely looks like, as her introductions keep stating different colors of hair and eyes. In The Demigod Files, it said that her hair was black, and her eyes chocolate brown. In The Last Olympian, she had brown hair and blue eyes. In The Ultimate Guide, her eyes were blue and her hair was blonde. In all descriptions, she is described slim. However, it is always stated that she is a very beautiful girl who everyone stares at. Since she is a daughter of Aphrodite she may have the ability to alter her physical appearances or she simply gets bored of her appearance (likely due to her ADHD) and changes them. (Note: Rick Riordan said in an interview that Silena indeed has black hair and blue eyes.)
- Amokinesis: As the daughter of Aphrodite she has the power to arouse love and passion in others.
- She had the ability to change her physical features as Aphrodite is the goddess of beauty.
- She had magical control over clothes, makeup, and jewelry
- Minor degree of love magic
- She knew a minor degree of magic
- She was an expert Pegasus rider
- She was fluent in French due to it being the "language of love."
Silena, a variation of Selena, is of Greek origin and means "moon." Beau regard is French for "beautiful look."
- Her relationship with Charles Beckendorf may be a reference to the marriage of Hephaestus and Aphrodite. Her friendship with Clarisse La Rue may also be a reference to the not-so-secret infidelity of Ares and Aphrodite, although it is not romantic. They also shared the same half-siblings, Phobos and Deimos.
- In battle, she wears pink and red armor which Percy says makes her look like a "Guerrilla Warfare Barbie."
- In The Titan's Curse, Silena is present at the leaders meeting meaning she must stay at Camp all year round.
- Silena is the only known character to call Charles Beckendorf "Charlie", while others call him Beckendorf.
- Silena and Clarisse mirror Patroclus and Achilles. Achilles refused to fight, so his friend Patroclus lead the Greeks in Achilles' armor. Hector of Troy killed Patroclus and in rage for what happened to him, Achilles joined the fight and dragged Hector's lifeless body around in his chariot. Silena disguised herself as Clarisse, was killed and only then did Clarisse rejoin the fight, defeating and dragging the drakon around.
- She may be related to General Beauregard, a famous soldier at the start of the American Civil War. Aphrodite mentions that he was a womanizer, as he was married to his second wife when Fort Sumter was shelled, although he had eyes for Lisbeth Cooper.
- Silena had blonde hair and blue eyes in The Ultimate Guide, but had black hair and chocolate brown eyes in The Demigod Files and brown hair and blue eyes in The Last Olympian.