- This article is about the book series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. You may be looking for the character, video game, the film adaptation, or the film soundtrack.
Every book follows Percy Jackson's adventures in his point-of-view. Each book is loosely based on a different Greek hero's adventures. The first is based on Perseus' heroics. The second is based on Odysseus' story, The Odyssey. The third, on Hercules', the fourth, on Theseus', and the last, on Achilles'.
The series follows the completion of the first Great Prophecy. The second Great Prophecy, later called the Prophecy of Seven is revealed in The Last Olympian. The Heroes of Olympus is the sequel series.
The Great ProphecyEdit
A half-blood of the eldest gods
Shall reach sixteen against all odds
And see the world in endless sleep
The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap
A single choice shall end his days
Olympus to preserve or raze
This prophecy unravels throughout the series:
- Percy was a half-blood child of Poseidon, one of the eldest gods, otherwise known as the Big Three.
- Percy reaches sixteen despite all of the numerous times he was almost killed by Luke/Kronos and his monsters.
- Percy finds the whole city of Manhattan asleep from Olympus, so the war can go on without any of the humans interfering.
- Percy handed Luke Annabeth's knife, the same knife that he gave her when she was little. He promised that they would be there for her and that they (including Thalia) would be a family.
- Percy had to choose between giving Annabeth's knife to Luke and allow him to destroy himself or trying to destroy Luke himself.
- Percy's choice would result in the destruction of Olympus, or preserving Olympus the way it is.
- The Lightning Thief - June 28, 2005
- The Sea of Monsters - May 3, 2006
- The Titan's Curse - April 1, 2007
- The Battle of the Labyrinth - May 6, 2008
- The Last Olympian - May 5, 2009
- The Demigod Files - February 10, 2009
- The Ultimate Guide - January 19, 2010
- Demigods and Monsters - February 10, 2009
The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series is also available in unabridged audiobook form, read by Jesse Bernstein.