|Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods|
|Cover Artist||John Rocco|
|Release Date||August 19th, 2014 |
On April 21, 2013, Rick Riordan announced on his Twitter that he was writing a new book based on the stories of Greek mythology from Percy Jackson's point of view. He later confirmed this in his blog. It has been confirmed that the rough draft is complete and the expected release date is sometime in 2014. Riordan will be reading an excerpt from the book during his House of Hades tour.  While on tour for The House of Hades Rick Riordan revealed that the book is 450 pages long, with illustrations throughout the whole entire book and will come out in August 2014. 
Who could tell the origin stories of the gods of Olympus better than a modern-day demigod? Percy Jackson provides an insider's view with plenty of 'tude in this illustrated collection.
"A publisher in New York asked me to write down what I know about the Greek gods, and I was like, Can we do this anonymously? Because I don't need the Olympians mad at me again. But if it helps you to know your Greek gods, and survive an encounter with them if they ever show up in your face, then I guess writing all this down will be my good deed for the week."
So begins Percy Jackson's Greek Gods, in which the son of Poseidon adds his own magic--and sarcastic asides--to the classics. He explains how the world was created, then gives readers his personal take on a who's who of ancients, from Apollo to Zeus. Percy does not hold back. "If you like horror shows, blood baths, lying, stealing, backstabbing, and cannibalism, then read on, because it definitely was a Golden Age for all that."
Dramatic full-color illustrations throughout by Caldecott Honoree John Rocco make this volume--a must for home, library, and classroom shelves--as stunning as it is entertaining. 
- ↑ RR's Blog
- ↑ The House of Hades Tour
- ↑ https://twitter.com/camphalfblood/status/325984210512932865
- ↑ http://rickriordan.blogspot.com/2013/06/update-from-athena-house.html
- ↑ http://rickriordan.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/an-update-for-august.html
- ↑ http://rickriordan.blogspot.com/2013/08/what-to-expect-and-not-expect-on-house.html Rick Riordan's blog
- ↑ The House of Hades Tour Minute 41:00
- ↑ http://rickriordan.blogspot.com/2013/10/percy-jacksons-greek-gods.html Rick Riordan's blog