|Son of Apollo|
|Former Counselor of Cabin Seven|
|Status||M.I.A. (Presumed Dead)|
|Weapons||Bow and arrow|
|Appearances|| The Battle of the Labyrinth|
The Last Olympian
|“||It's our loot! If you don't like it, you can kiss my quiver!||”|
–Michael Yew to Clarisse La Rue
Michael Yew was a son of Apollo. He became the leader of his cabin following the death of Lee Fletcher. He is presumed dead in the Second Olympian War as he was missing in action at the Battle of Manhattan. His successor is Will Solace.
Michael has a smart mouth, and doesn't back down easily. He found a golden chariot and he and Clarisse fought over it until Clarisse La Rue gave up on fighting in the great war, though she changed her mind and killed the drakon. He is suspicious when he hears about the spy, and is very quick to point out disadvantages and problems on the battlefield. He works alongside Percy Jackson. Percy considers him a good friend. When they were crossing the Williamsburg Bridge, however, Michael turns up missing as Percy destroys part of the bridge to prevent Kronos from crossing. Percy searches for Michael only to find his bow. He is presumed dead.
Michael is often bad-tempered, but is a good fighter, and quick on his feet and with his mind. He has a smart mouth, and gets into fights a lot because he always seems to have a chip on his shoulder. He is a solid friend though, and stood up to the Titans, along with the rest of the camp.
Michael stands at 4'6" but "with an extra 2 feet of attitude". He is described as having musteline features, with a pointy nose and scrunched-up features - either from looking down the shaft of his arrow or from scowling too much. He has black hair and brown eyes.
- As Apollo's son, Michael is a naturally talented archer, his skills only rivaled by his aunt Artemis' hunters.
- Michael can heal people by singing a hymn to his father in Ancient Greek.
- Since Apollo is god of music, Michael is a natural musician.
- Michael was the owner of the Flying Chariot until he gave it to Clarisse.
- Michael had his own bow and arrows.
- Michael was also given sonic arrows from his father that create a horribly loud sound capable of destroying monsters nearby and monsters farther away to drop their weapons and cover their ears.
- His last name, Yew, is a reference to the tree, which is a popular wood for making longbows. The tree is also associated with graveyards and the dead.
- Michael is the only character in the series whose death was hinted at, but his ultimate fate is left unknown.