A legacy is any mortal who is a second or further generation descendant of a god. They tend to possess similar abilities to their godly ancestors, though their powers are usually diminished through each generation. Recognition of Legacies seems unique to Camp Jupiter. It is also stated that various emperors of Rome were Legacies. Only first generation descendants of the gods attend Camp Half-Blood, although Camp Jupiter accepts legacies.
List of LegaciesEdit
- Icarus is the son of Daedalus with Athena's blessing, which makes him a legacy of Athena, goddess of wisdom.
- Octavian is a descendant of Apollo. He supposedly possesses abilities to see the will of the gods and the future, as Apollo is the God of Prophecy.
- The Zhang family are descendants of Poseidon, and many members of the family have the ability to change into any living creature. This includes Emily Zhang, Grandma Zhang, Xu Fu, Sung Guo, and Shen Lun.
- Though Frank Zhang is a son of Mars, through his mother's side, he is a descendant of Periclymenus (who is a descendant of Poseidon). Thus, he has the ability to change into any living creature. He also has Greek, Roman, and Chinese ancestry.
- Julius Caesar was a descendant of Venus, as he was descended from Aeneas, the Trojan hero.
- Medea is a descendant of Helios.
- Altheia and Demetrius are descendants of Hecate
- Vitellius is a descendant of Asclepius
- Julia is a legacy of an unknown god or goddess.
- Augustus Caesar (the first Roman Emperor) was the nephew of Julius Caesar. Thus, he too is descended from a god or goddess.
- Alexander the Great was said to be a descendant of Heracles on his father's side and Achilles on his mother's, also making him a descendant of Zeus and Thetis.
- Hercules was an ancient hero and the son of Zeus. However, he is also a legacy of Zeus because he is the great-grandson of Perseus, son of Zeus.
- Rhea Silvia was the mother of Romulus and Remus. She is descended from Aeneas, son of Venus.
The Julia (gens) of RomeEdit
In ancient Rome, the family (gen) know as the Julia was a powerful Patrician Roman family, who claimed descent of many Gods, some of the famous members of this family include: Julius Caesar, Augustus Caesar, Flavius Julius and more. They claim they trace their lineage back to Romulus, son of Mars and Rhea Silvia, descendants of Aeneas. Others would claim they were related to Aeneas, who lead his people away from Troy and eventually founded the land that would become Rome. Others would sometimes claim to be related to Dardanus, a son of Jupiter and Electra.