For other uses of the name Jason, see Jason (disambiguation).
|Champion of Juno|
|Hero of Olympus|
|Son of Jupiter|
|Family||Jupiter (father) |
Ms. Grace (mother)
Thalia Grace (sister)
|Weapons|| Ivlivs (destroyed) |
|Home|| Camp Jupiter|
Camp Half-Blood (The Lost Hero)
|Appearances|| The Lost Hero|
The Son of Neptune (mentioned)
The Demigod Diaries
The Mark of Athena
|Quests||Quest to Save Hera|
|“||I'm the son of Jupiter! I'm a child of Rome, consul to demigods, praetor of the First Legion. I slew the Trojan sea monster, I toppled the black throne of Kronos and and destroyed the Titan Krios with my own hands. And now I'm going to destroy you, Porphyrion, and feed you to your own wolves.||”|
Jason Grace is one of the main protagonists of the second Camp Half-Blood series, The Heroes of Olympus. He is the son of the god Jupiter and the mortal Ms. Grace and is the younger brother of Thalia Grace. He is also a praetor of Camp Jupiter and is the current counselor of Cabin One at Camp Half-Blood.
Jason was born on July 1st. He is the son of Jupiter, the Roman aspect of Zeus, and a mortal actress with the last name of Grace. He was born seven years after Zeus fathered Thalia in his Greek aspect. Because his father had consecutively sired two children with his mother, Juno, the Roman form of Hera, was made Jason's guardian to placate the indignant goddess and Jupiter went even as far as to name his newborn son after his wife's favorite hero.
When Jason was two years old, Juno commanded his mother to bring him to the Wolf House. It was there that he was separated from his mother and sister to be initiated by Lupa in the ways of Rome. After training for some time under the wolf goddess, he journeyed to Camp Jupiter where he was raised in the lifestyle of the Roman Legion. Eventually, Jason was inducted into the Fifth Cohort and would bring a restored sense of honor to the disgraced contingent. This would culminate when he was made praetor, the co-commander of the entire legion.
Jason wakes up on a bus belonging to the Wilderness School holding hands with a girl he doesn't even know. He finds that he has no memory of even going to the school or having a best friend named Leo and a girlfriend named Piper. Gleeson Hedge, his supposed gym teacher and satyr protector (though Jason doesn't know that yet), tells him that he's never seen him before today and that the Mist has been manipulated to make everyone think that they know him. He also reveals that he, Piper, and Leo are demigods and that an extraction team (Annabeth and Butch) is coming to get Piper and Leo to camp along with an unknown "special package", which turns out to be Jason.
Later, an unnaturally powerful storm arrives, Dylan, the class bully, revealed himself to be a Ventus or Venti (storm spirit), Greek form anemoi. Jason instinctively took out his gold coin, flipped it, and it became a well balanced sword made of Imperial Gold.
While he and Piper fought off Dylan, Hedge (who revealed himself to be a middle aged satyr) climbed down the canyon wall to retrieve Leo when he was thrown down. Jason also survived a lightning bolt with which Dylan attacked him that could have killed twenty men, blowing off his shoe and when Piper is thrown off the sky-walk Jason jumps after her, discovering that he can manipulate air. After a long battle, Dylan takes Hedge away and leaves Leo, Jason, and Piper on the canyon sky-walk. Just then two half-bloods arrive on a chariot pulled by pegasi; a guy named Butch, son of Iris, and Annabeth, daughter of Athena. When Annabeth and Butch notice Jason only has one shoe on (as the other one was blasted into bits by the lightning bolt), Butch tells them that Annabeth had a vision that a boy with one shoe would help her find one of the campers, who has been missing for three days, her boyfriend Percy Jackson.
After they arrive at Camp Half-Blood, Annabeth gives Jason and Piper a tour of the camp. Jason then meets Chiron who immediately realizes who Jason is by speaking in Latin, to which Jason responds in Latin. Afterwards they find out Hera is in danger, and Jason must lead a quest in order to save her. Jason reveals his parent god through a lightning bolt, showing that he is a son of Jupiter. He chooses Piper, who is now claimed by Aphrodite, the goddess of love, and Leo, who was claimed by Hephaestus when they got to Camp Half-blood, to go with him on his quest. Jason also receives a Prophecy saying that he must beware the earth, possibly because Gaea, the Earth, is his enemy and that she bears arms to the Doors of Death.
He meets Medea, a mortal who was supposed to have died more than 3000 centuries ago. Later, Jason and his companions meet another mortal who was supposed to have died millions of years ago, Midas. King Midas, the king who wished for the golden touch, then learned to bring back people from their golden state, running water. Midas quickly turns Piper and Leo into gold statues. Jason retaliates by summoning a lightning bolt to destroy Midas.
Then Piper reveals that she was in fact the traitor because her father had been kidnapped. Jason and Leo resolve to rescue him, even though it jeopardizes the quest. In a mountain, they find Enceladus, the giant born to kill Athena. Jason faces off against Enceladus and manages to wound him several times. However because of his strength, Jason cannot kill him as it would take the power of a god and demigod. Jason's gladius breaks releasing a lot of energy but fails to kill Enceladus. Jason calls on Jupiter to save him and his faith rewarded with a incredible lightning bolt, killing the giant. Hedge takes Piper's father home while the three continue on their journey.
When he, Piper and Leo arrive back at camp, he is visited by Juno when he is in his cabin alone, and is given a new gladius as a replacement for the one he lost while fighting the giant, Enceladus. After this, a head counselor meeting was called, where he then revealed that he is from a Roman equivalent of Camp Half-Blood, and that is where Percy is most likely at. Jason also reveals that if the campers at the Camp Jupiter discover that Percy's from Camp-Half Blood, they may not be that nice. It is decided that he, Leo, Piper and Annabeth will go and find Percy at the Roman Camp and then set sail for Greece by sailing on the Argo II.
Jason is mentioned several times by the campers of Camp Jupiter, because they've been wondering where he has gone. Percy has a brief dream of Leo working on the Argo II with Piper and Jason behind him. As well, when Percy, Frank, and Hazel are watching Polybotes from afar Ma Gasket yells, "The camp, yes. Vengeance! The orange and purple ones destroy my home. Now Ma Gasket will destroy theirs," referencing how Jason destroyed her factor. After returning from their quest and saving Camp Jupiter, Leo sends a video scroll to ask for safe passage from the Romans. While Percy tries to tell them that they won't attack, he tells them that Jason is on board the ship, leading Reyna to allow the ship to land, but not without any kind of security.
Jason is on the Argo II, along with Annabeth, Leo, Gleeson, and Piper, his girlfriend. He is seen wearing a Camp-Half Blood T-shirt with a purple toga over it, while holding a sword.When they arrive at New Rome, Reyna greets them and they hold a discussion outside of the camp. During the discussion they discuss about who the seven are and how everything unfolds. After the discussion, Jason asks Reyna if he could show Piper around New Rome. Reyna allows Jason to do so. When the Argo II starts firing, Annabeth spots Jason and Piper in the middle of a crowd of Romans who are throwing plates and stones at them. Frank however is able to save them after forming into a dragon.
Jason is a very serious young man with a moderate sense of humor. He also has a strong sense of honor and justice as shown by his great compassion. He greatly cares for his friend and family willing to risk his life to protect or help them. Though a natural leader, Jason can be plagued by doubt and criticizes himself whenever he makes an error. There are notable similarities between Jason and Percy Jackson such as: they're strong senses of justice and fairness, they're loyalty to their friends, and they're both natural leaders.
Jason Grace is described as good-looking, having the features of a Roman statue, with electric blue eyes, tidy, military cropped blond hair, and a small scar on the corner of his lip from trying to eat a stapler when he was two years old. He says that he looks nothing like his father, which assumes that he looks more like his mother. He is very tall being one inch taller than Percy Jackson, with an athletic build, having muscular and tanned arms. His tattoo has the picture of an eagle with SPQR and twelve lines, indicating he has been at Camp Jupiter since he was three or four years old. Piper noted that his eyes seemed to hold some deep sadness, much like her father's.
His looks attract female attention, such as the instances with Drew, and the girls from Wilderness School. Also, when Aphrodite gave Jason's team a makeover, Jason was the least modified, implying that Aphrodite approves of his physical attributes.
- ADHD: Like all demigods, Jason possesses inborn supernatural battle reflexes and senses that he uses to analyze the fighting style of his opponent.
- Combat Prowess: Jason is trained in Roman legionary warfare.
- Dyslexia: Jason's brain is hardwired for Latin.
- Fighting skills: Jason is an expert spearman and swordsman. Jason's fighting skills are amazing seeing as how he bested Kronos' brother, Krios, a feat only Hercules has accomplished, who is technically Jason's older brother. He also slew the Trojan Sea Monster, defeated Lityerses, and dominated Mount Othrys by fighting through hordes of Scythian Dracanae and toppling Kronos's black throne. He has also shown to be able to hold his own against larger, more experienced, and more powerful opponents such as Enceladus and Porphyrion, and even Titans such as Krios.
Being the son of Jupiter; Jason is an extremely powerful demigod, that not only has authority over creatures of the sky but can also influence the forces of weather and can control the air around him. During his time at Camp Jupiter, Jason was considered the most powerful demigod in the legion. Hazel believes that Jason is one of the most powerful demigods she knows, however, the abilities of Nico and Percy seemed to have made her question her judgement, as she believes only Percy Jackson's power rivaled Nico di Angelo's. Some of his abilities include:
- Aerokinesis: As a son of Jupiter, Jason has absolute control over the air.
- Jason can control, and generate very powerful winds and air currents, powerful enough to knock the giant Otis down.
- Jason can ride air currents, making him fly.
- Jason could see a path in the air, leading him to Boreas's palace
- Jason can generate fierce storms.
- Jason is able to dominate the will of more chaotic Venti.
- Electrokinesis: As a son of Jupiter, Jason has absolute control over lightning and electricity.
- Jason has some immunity to electricity, having survived being struck by an electrical bolt "strong enough to kill twenty people."
- Like his sister, Jason can generate bolts of static electricity, and send electrical shocks through others on contact.
- Jason can summon lightning bolts from the sky.
- Ivlivs: A coin made of Imperial Gold. It turns into a golden sword on heads or a golden javelin on tails when flipped. The weapon hasn't been named yet in the series, but the coin has the word 'Ivlivs' on it, which is Latin for 'Julius.' It was destroyed by Enceladus during his and Jason's fight on Mount Diablo.
- Gladius: Juno, the Roman form of Hera and Jason's patron, gives this to him at the end, so that he has a proper weapon. It is a Roman Gladius made of Imperial Gold.
Jupiter sired Jason, his second child with Ms. Grace. Like all the Roman gods, Jupiter rarely involves himself in the life of his child. Although it is unlikely that he has ever met his father, Jason is still given his aid when it is most needed.
Since Jason has forgotten most of his memories, we can imply that he wasn't taken care of by his mother, since Thalia said that she was the one who took care of him until Ms. Grace gave Jason away to Juno.
Jason's sister, Thalia Grace, was born to Zeus. Thalia is a Greek demigod, because when Zeus visited her mother the first time, he was in his Greek form. When Zeus came to Jason's mother for the second time, he came in his Roman form, Jupiter. Jason is therefore a Roman demigod, while his sister is Greek. It is shown that Jason cares for his sister. He feels somewhat depressed that Thalia has found a new family in the Hunters of Artemis. However, it is shown that when Jason first saw her picture, and Annabeth told him her last name, his instincts told him she is dangerous, as Juno left enough memory to know that digging up his past could be disastrous and that she was his sister.
She and Jason share many romantic moments throughout The Lost Hero. He has a great deal of concern for her, as he does everything to help her, such as when she says they should get together he says in his thoughts together, yes. He puts his hand on her waist to support her when she collapsed due to hypothermia. At the end of The Lost Hero the two have a romantic moment at the end of which they repeat what had apparently occurred in Piper's Mist induced memory of them kissing. Also, Jason has strong feelings for Piper, but he is worried for their future.
In The Demigod Diaries, Leo comments that Jason and Piper are dating, which takes place two months after their quest to save Hera. Piper also gives Jason a goodbye kiss just in case they don't get to see each other if the engine of the Argo II blows up. Since the engine did not blow up they continue to date for the next 6 months.
In The Mark of Athena, Annabeth introduces the two as boyfriend and girlfriend. She also gives him the nickname Lightning Boy. Piper constantly doubts that Jason does not have any feelings for Reyna, despite how many times he denies it. When the two along with Percy are drowning, Piper mouths to Jason that she loves him.
The memory of her makes him rethink what he is doing with Piper, though he does not know why. It's revealed in The Son of Neptune by Reyna to Percy that if Jason hadn't gone missing, a romantic relationship would have developed, since Reyna said that it was common for there to be romance between praetors, since they work together so much. When the Argo II arrives in the sky Reyna says that she hopes Percy is right and Jason is aboard the ship, stating that she has missed him.
In The Mark of Athena, it is stated by Jason, that he'd never felt more than friendship for Reyna. However, when the two once both went on a quest, after Reyna talked with Aphrodite, he states that she never acted the same to him again.
Jason and Percy first meet in The Mark of Athena and have been shown to be on good terms. Percy says that Jason "thinks the same way he does" and mentioned a "spark of friendship." They both share many similarities: both are sons of one of the Big Three and extremely powerful demigods; both are excellent swordsmen; both are leaders at their respective camps; both hate Octavian; and both were chosen by Juno to be switched in order to bring the seven Heroes of Olympus together.
Annabeth calls their relationship a "Budding Bromance", as the two seem to get along. While fighting Otis and Ephialtes, the two are able to work well together as a team and manage to earn Bacchus' respect. It is also shown that when working together their powers get more intense when they created a huge storm at Fort Summer, while fighting the Romans.
Jason and Percy also have a small rivalry going, such as when Jason and Percy both go for the head chair at a table and Jason even causes sparks to fly, but Annabeth took the chair in the end. Also, when apologizing to Percy after being possessed and force to fight each other, he comments that he could have killed Percy. Percy turns this around saying he could of done the same, but Jason doubts this unless there was an ocean in Kansas.
Despite their time at the Wilderness School being fake, Leo still considers himself Jason's friend. He even volunteers to go on a quest with him and goes to repair the Bronze Dragon to give them a way of transportation. Despite Leo and Jason being good friends, Leo feels jealous of Jason. People look at Jason and respect him for being the son of Zeus (really Jupiter) and think he is handsome and powerful, while he only sees himself as the lowly mechanic. He also feels left out as Jason and Piper start to reform a relationship. The only time he doesn't feel jealous of Jason is when Thalia talks to Jason about his past and how Hera had taken him away from their mother. Leo remembers that while his own life wasn't that good, his mother wasn't possessive of Hephaestus and only wanted Leo to know him.
Jason starts to remember him at the end of The Lost Hero. When Juno returns some of Jason's memories, he remembers several of his friends, with Bobby being one of the names mentioned. Not much is known about him but his name.
Jason remembers her in the last part of The Lost Hero as being her friend back at the Roman Camp. In The Son of Neptune, Hazel tells Percy that after she arrived, she had only known him for about a month before he disappeared. Through Hazel's point of view, it is assumed that she and Jason were good friends. She even compares Jason to Percy, stating that they both had the same look, as if they had both seen their fate, and were waiting for it to happen. She is one of the main characters in The Heroes of Olympus, and is one of the Seven in the Prophecy of Seven.
Because Jason kind of remembers her, it can be assumed they had been friends. In The Son of Neptune, she was a Centurion of the Fifth Cohort, but after the position was given to Frank, she retired after ten years of service to attend college in New Rome.
Though it seemed like it to Piper, Jason likes Annabeth as a friend, but has no romantic feelings towards her. In The Lost Hero, Annabeth was the one who told him about Thalia, which sparked the memory of her and his last name, Grace. Annabeth claimed Thalia had never told her she had a little brother, but Jason insists that she does. At the end of the book during the Senior Counselors' meeting, when Jason tells where he's from and where Percy is, Annabeth says that she is going with them, mostly because of Percy. Jason agreed that he would want her along, mostly because he knew that she had already figured out where Percy was and the danger he could be in.
In the beginning of The Mark of Athena, it is shown that Annabeth distrusts Jason, thinking that he is too perfect because he always does everything nobly, does nothing against the rules, and even looks too perfect and she expects him to turn on them at the second they land. However, during their journey to Rome they come to rely and trust each other more, and after Percy and Annabeth fall into Tartarus, Jason feels responsible for not saving them.
- Jason was named after the original Jason, a hero, by Zeus/Jupiter to please Hera/Juno after being conceived.
- Similar to the original Jason, he was aided by Hera/Juno and was recognized by the fact that he was wearing only one shoe.
- Jason and Thalia are the only known siblings to be from different aspects of the same god. Thalia is a Greek demigod (being a daughter of Zeus), and Jason is Roman (being a son of Jupiter), as stated by Hera/Juno herself.
- Unlike other children of Zeus/Jupiter, Hera doesn't hate him or try to kill him like his other siblings. Hera said that she is Jason's patron and Jason is her champion.
- Thalia and Jason are both mentioned to like cheeseburgers.
- The scar in Jason's mouth came from trying to eat a stapler when he was 2 years old.
- It is mentioned by Aeolus that Jason was once stayed with him on a quest to kill a sea monster. It is later revealed Jason had killed the Trojan Sea Monster.
- Although one of the demigod "afflictions" is usually dyslexia, Jason could read Midas' brochure for Gold: Invest for Eternity just fine. Although it might have been in Latin or Jason may not have dyslexia, like Frank Zhang.
- Jason claims to be the Praetor of the First Legion in The Lost Hero, but Camp Jupiter is made up of only the Twelfth Legion.
- Jason sometimes feels uncomfortable with attention that is given to him due to him being the son of Jupiter and people expecting that that he will not fail.
- Piper calls Jason Sparky on occasion.
- Despite being Roman, Jason is a Greek name, meaning healer. This is because Zeus felt naming him after Hera's favorite hero would quell her anger.
- Jason's name being a way to placate Hera may be a nod towards his older half brother Hercules (Heracles), who was named after her. Although it is to be noted that Hera did kill Heracles and his family.
- Jason's birthday is revealed to be July 1st, the first day of the month named after Julius Caesar and was also considered Juno's sacred day.
- Jason and Piper are the only couple who aren't from the same camp/side. (Jason's Roman, while Piper's Greek.)
- In every book appearance he has appeared in, Jason has been controlled by another force and made to attack an ally (Medea used Charmspeak on Jason and Leo in The Lost Hero and was possessed by eidolon and attacked Percy Jackson in The Mark of Athena).
- Jason's birthday is the fist day of July. In November, The Greek form of his father Zeus closed all communications to and from Olympus. If you take every first letter of the months from July to November, it spells Jason (July, August, September, October, November).
- Like Percy, Jason is also named after a legendary Greek hero.