I have been pestering this awhile now, so let me say this directly: we should have an Olympian cabin. I have been talking about this SayuriDarling, Menara, and Darkcloud1111, and I have been given different answers. So, let’s have a debate on this. I think we should have an Olympian Cabin, to do the under the wiki work: voting for sysops, fix templates, write news, and other similar things. We should also make a little bit more policies: kickban policy, blocking policy, and others. What do you guys think? Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 23:03, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
I agree. We don't have enough users who vote for sysops or do anything else aside from editing or commentig on blogs. And a blocking or kickban policy is also a good idea. Mεηαrα ~ The one you least expect 23:14, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I also agree. We don't have enough active users to vote for sysops. Most active users just comment on blogs. Kickban policy would be good considering how active the chat has become. SayuriDarling (talk • contribs) 23:18, November 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree. But I think the name should be Principia. Olympian cabin doesn't exist in the books, while Principia does. And principia is the place where you discuss important issues.Ąthέnά Lέάh Jάckson ~Peace out 11:09, November 27, 2011 (UTC)
- I really don't see the point of cabins but I'm for it if you peoples want it. Also, I'm having wikia problems so I won't edit for a while. Dark you'll be number one on the wiki for the next months or so (exams and stuff) but when the proble is fixed I'll take it back :)--PerseusJackson-Jordan Terraemotus Tempestas 00:07, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
- lol good luck pers. Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 00:14, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
- oh yea, on the contrary, I think it's good to have cabins because I think users are more devoted to it if they are working for something, kinda like those badges, although I lost interest on them long ago. Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 00:20, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
- I think admins and people with rollback. SayuriDarling (talk • contribs) 03:41, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Clearly if we make this cabin, it will have far more guidlines for who to join and who can't. That problem should be addressed.Maimer1882 (talk • contribs) 11:40, November 28, 2011 (UTC)
It sounds like this cabin will be for the elite members and other important users. However it does sound like we need people who are willing to do more than just blog and make random edits. As far as the name I would change it to Zeus cabin because it's the most important cabin but with the least occupants.SonOfZeus1200 (talk • contribs) 01:03, November 29, 2011 (UTC)SonOfZeus1200
Okay, I feel we should wrap this up. My summary:
1. Olympian Cabin, principia or Zeus' cabin?
2. We do the policies, make and fix templates, and vote for sysop rights, etc.
3. Rollbacks and up are, by default, in this cabin/principia.
4. This will be a cabin/principia that will actually have an application form.
If you agree, vote on the first one and say "aye" or "no" on the rest. rollbacks, admins, and b-crats all must vote on this, please pass it on. Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 03:24, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- If we are going to make this cabin, I would go with Olympian cabin as it will be a collection of the greatest users, much like the Olympian Council is made up of the strongest gods. Zeus is too self centered. Darkcloud1111~Fastest Hero Alive
- I agree to this. I like Olympian cabin.
- I completely agree. But I'd like to change the name. We use greek stuff most, and I'd like to suggest we use some roman now.Ąthέnά Lέάh Jάckson ~Peace out 10:57, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- 1. Principia or Olympian Cabin. I like both. 2. Yep, 3. Yep, 4. definitely yep Mεηαrα ~ The one you least expect 13:44, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- The name cabin is overused , like I said. I was rethinking my suggestion of 'Principia' but a really, really awesome idea struck me. What if it's Senate house? Ąthέnά Lέάh Jάckson ~Peace out 14:17, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Um, I'll go with whatever name for the cabin lol. I take it Tiger will be head?PerseusJackson-Jordan Terraemotus Tempestas 20:52, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- I was going to say that the big three/four will lead, not just me. Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 01:17, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I think that would go better with the Disputes Committee Mεηαrα ~ The one you least expect 18:37, November 30, 2011 (UTC)
- I think the leaders should be voted on, not just me, since i'm youngest. Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 06:20, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- A Roman who turns down power. Very interesting Maimer1882 (talk • contribs) 12:18, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I feel like you should get it since you came up with it. SayuriDarling (talk • contribs) 12:54, December 1, 2011 (UTC)
|Favor on Principia||Favor on the Olympian Cabin|
- I agree. SayuriDarling (talk • contribs)
- 2ndSonOfZeus1200 (talk • contribs) 21:40, December 3, 2011 (UTC)SonOfZeus1200
- Si, Tiger Maimer1882 (talk • contribs) 03:20, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I agree too (if I'm allowed - ?) Ŋatalyą Ƒinnley - Tell me sðmething I don’t know (nø really) 15:40, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
- That's a very good point actually. I define this lead as being the moderator of fights when there is one while discussing and overlooking the branches that we will split into. Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 17:02, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I was thinking of the big three (sirius, pers, me) or big four (inc. dark) i don't think it's fair to have just me up at the top. Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 17:02, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
- How about just two leaders and call them praetors. A b-crat would break the tie.Maimer1882 (talk • contribs) 22:56, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
Am I allowed to comment?? Because Principa means headquaters in Latin, not at all related to ancient greek, plus if it was roman, it would probably be a cohort. I think that it should be the zeus cabin, considering that he's the leader. Ŋatalyą Ƒinnley - Tell me sðmething I don’t know (nø really) 15:40, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes you are; we are not only the greek wiki, but also the roman wiki, that's why I wanted something for a change from cabins, that's why I'm taking a vote, to see which one is more popular. Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 17:02, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
- When I suggested the name I thought it through before I suggested it. And this wiki is not only Greek. Latin is permitted too right, Athletiger?Ąthέnά Lέάh Jάckson ~Peace out 17:17, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
- i guess...Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 20:23, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I would prefer we use form-neutral such as Olympian Council. Maimer1882 (talk • contribs) 15:29, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
After pondering about this for a couple of days, I have decided to make it the Olympian Council over the name principia. So, in conclusion, thank you for voting, and I’ll start creating the council which will be officially open by winter solstice. : ) Athletiger Talk~Diana Chen 03:29, December 6, 2011 (UTC)