Celestial bronze is mined by the Cyclopes from Mount Olympus. The ore is shaped by tempering the metal in Mount Etna and cooling it in the River Lethe. The metal is deadly to creatures of the magical world. Unlike lesser mortals, demigods are also affected by it because of their blood. Artifacts of celestial bronze are known to emit a faint bronze glow. The metal is able to disperse monsters into dust once a weapon made of Celestial bronze passes through them.
Known Celestial Bronze Weapons
- Annabeth's Knife
- Backbiter (partly steel)
- Thalia's Spear
- Master Bolt
- According to Reyna, Celestial Bronze is much rarer than Imperial Gold. However, this could simply be due to Camp Jupiter not having a large deposit as they are on the opposite coast of Camp Half-Blood.
- Celestial Bronze is one of three magical ores, the others being Imperial Gold and Stygian Iron.
- It gives a faint light as in the case of Riptide.
- With the exception of Stygian Iron, Celestial Bronze and Imperial Gold are the only metals which turn monsters into dust.
- "Celestial" means "from the sky" or "heavenly."
- While Celestial Bronze is normally mined from Olympus, if Hephaestus is upset with his work, he throws pieces of Celestial Bronze into the mortal world.
- As it is not silver, it cannot harm lycanthropes.
- Unlike Imperial Gold, Celestial Bronze seems almost as abundant as iron to Greek Demigods, as not only their weapons made out of it, but it seems like almost everything the Greek Demigods make is made out of it, using it as a magical alternative to what other metals would normally be used for weapons. Though this is justified as its mined from Olympus which is right above the Empire State Building.
- Annabeth's father, Dr. Frederick Chase, melted down her weapons and turned them into bullets, which he fired at monsters out of his Sopwith Camel in The Titan's Curse.
- Celestial Bronze can hurt the Egyptain magicians as seen in The Son of Sobek.
- In The Demigod Diaries Luke Castellan says that he once had a sword made of Celestial Bronze but it was destroyed by the acid of a monster.
|Personal Weapons:||Riptide | Annabeth's Knife | Backbiter | Frank's Spear | Hazel's Spatha | Katoptris | Nico's Sword | Thalia's Spear | Aegis | Maimer | Kronos' Scythe | Ivlivs | Master Bolt | Poseidon's Trident | Sword of Hades | Reyna's Spear | Hades' Staff | Juno's Gladius | Drakon Bone Sword|
|Magical Items:||Annabeth's Yankees Cap | Helm of Darkness | Keys of Hades | Flying Chariot | Golden Apple | Greek Fire | Hermes' Multivitamins | Leo's Magical Toolbelt | Nectar and Ambrosia | Pandora's Pithos | Winged Shoes | The Golden Fleece | Stygian Ice Whistle|
|Spoils of War:||The Minotaur's Horn | Medusa's Head | Kampê's Scimitars | Nemean Lion's Pelt | Gorgon Blood | Cornucopia|
|Items:||Camp Necklace | Chameleon Armor | Daedalus' Laptop | Golden Drachma | Mark of Athena | The Pax | Video Shield | Wristwatch Shield | Golden Mango | Sibylline Books|
|Blessed Metals:||Celestial Bronze | Imperial Gold | Stygian Iron|