| Bureaucrats |
| Chat Moderators|
This is the page where formal requests for administratorship are recorded and archived. An explanation of what sysop rights are can be found below the list of admins at Project:Administrators.
There are no concrete requirements for a user to be an admin. However, admins will usually:
- Have a very strong history of contributions (including the content namespace), though quality is more important than quantity
- Be trusted by the community
- Have no history of serious blocks due to vandalism or sockpuppetry
- Users must have 50 edits and be a regular contributor for a month to be able to vote or nominate.
- Users who have been absent for extended periods of time (3 months or more) will be considered as "new users" for the purposes of RfA and must make 50 edits and be contributor for a further month before voting.
- Users must have rollback rights to be nominated for administrator rights.
Stage 1: Nominating Edit
- Users may nominate themselves for administrator rights.
- Users may not nominate each other (e.g. A can't nominate B and B nominate A in the same RfA)
- There can be more than one request at a time. However, a user can't nominate more than one user at a time (e.g. A can't nominate B and C).
Stage 2: Voting Edit
- Users may vote in support, be neutral, or oppose the administrator rights nomination. Users must provide a reason behind their position.
- Everyone's vote counts as one vote. Admins do not hold extra power.
- The vote will last until there is enough feedback to decide.
- Bureaucrats may close votes early at their discretion if the applicant is obviously unsuitable with no chance of succeeding. Voters may also request this if they believe the applicant has no chance of succeeding.
- Once there is enough feedback, the active bureaucrat(s) will determine whether consensus has been reached. This means that admin requests require at least a two-thirds support rate to pass. Strength of argument is more important than the number of votes.
Currently, requests for administrator rights are: Closed.