Chat is one of the features offered to users on the Camp Half-Blood Wiki. Any user is allowed to visit the chat and talk with other users on this site. However, keep in mind that the chat has its own set of rules that you must follow and you can be blocked from the chat by an Administrator or a Chat-moderator.
Because an Administrator cannot be on at all times or monitoring the chat, some users have been given Chat-moderator privileges. These users are normally on the chat and monitor the behavior of the users using it. While they may have no power over the site itself, except possibly Rollback, as Chat-moderator rights are given to people elected to Rollback, they are the administrators of the chat. They do not have to ask an Admin before blocking someone and it is up to them to decide how long a user is blocked, especially if an admin isn't present to decide if their judgement is fair.
There are times when a Chat-moderator isn't present on the chat. If you find a user breaking one of the rules of the site, you can report them to an Administrator. However, simply reporting another user may not result in an effective punishment. If another user is breaking the policy, the most effective way to report them is to take a picture on your computer and upload it to the site. You can do this by taking a Screen Cap using a key on most keyboards, normally labeled Prt Sc. This will copy an image of whatever is displayed on your desktop, and you can create an image file on your computer to upload. Send the file or a link to the file to an Administrator.
Reasons for BanningEdit
- Profanity: General profanity is permitted on the chat. However, swearing directed at another person currently on the chat is known as a form of personal attack, as well as cyber bullying.
- Spam: While sharing a video or image every once in awhile is allowed, posting multiple videos or images to yours or someone else's work is considered spam. This also includes advertising your own site or webpages to sign up to. If you have a site you want to promote, you can get permission from that site's Admin or B-crat and request to become one of our affiliates here.
- Personal attacks – Users attacking other users personally (in regards to anything) should be given one warning prior to a cool-off ban. The length of the ban is dependent on the severity of personal attacks. This includes threats of any kind or directly insulting someone severely.
- Posting personal information – The posting of personal information regarding other people (i.e. their home address, phone number, etc.) is unacceptable, and will be enforced with blocks. Users doing so should be warned, and blocked if they continue.
- Trolling: Trolling is not tolerated on chat and will get you banned for a short amount of time. Extensive trolling can be carried over to the site leading into a short term block. Trolling can include, but is not limited to: calling out other users, posting off topic information, intent to stir up tension, large fights or flame wars, having an overall bad behavior and/or bad manners.
- 0 edits: Frequent chat users with no edits will be asked to leave, and eventually (at the discretion of an administrator) kick banned from chat. The banned users will be allowed to come back on chat once they have reached the minimum number of edits, at the moment set at 15.