|God of the North Wind|
|God of Winter|
|Family||Eos (mother) |
Zephyrus, Eurus, & Notus (brothers)
Zethes and Calais (sons)
|Hair Color||White or black|
|Weapons|| Wind |
Ice & Snow
|Appearances||The Lost Hero|
Boreas is one of the four seasonal wind gods that work for Aeolus, the master of all winds. Boreas is the North Wind and the god of winter. He settled down in Quebec, Canada, the oldest settlement in the North. He's the only god that we know of who doesn't normally speak English in North America; he speaks French instead, as it is the language of his host country. His Roman counterpart is Aquilon.
Boreas was known for his abduction of Orithyia, the daughter of King Erechtheus of Athens. Boreas wooed Orithyia, but she declined many times. Boreas eventually decided to take her by force, covering her in a cloud, spiriting her away, and transforming her into his immortal wife. She would bear him an immortal daughter, Khione, and two mortal sons, Calais and Zethes. With his brother; Zephyrus, Boreas dwelt in the mountains of Thrace. Boreas' winds can be powerful and violent, causing great destruction.
Boreas was closely associated with horses. He was said to have fathered twelve colts after taking the form of a stallion, to the mares of Erichthonius, King of Troy. These were said to be able to run across a field of grain without trampling the plants.
Boreas appeared at his palace when Jason Grace, Piper McLean, and Leo Valdez go to him for help. He is ordered to kill the heroes, due to Aeolus' command. But Boreas first agrees to hear what the heroes are setting out to do, which is when they tell Boreas that they are on a quest to save Hera. After Boreas saw Jason's tattoo, he changes into his Roman form, Aquilon. Boreas releases them out of amusement, thinking they are bound to die, and there is no need for him to kill them.
He is described as being a sturdily built man. He wears a suit that appears to be made of snow, and has a pair of dark purple wings. Additionally, he is said to have long hair and a beard, both of which are covered in ice.
Boreas can change to his Roman form, Aquilon. Here he becomes more warlike and militaristic. As Aquilon, he is described as thinner, no beard, a gladius at his side, and a toga lined with purple. He still has purple wings.
- It is presumed that he has the standard powers of a god.
- Aerokinesis: As the God of the North Wind, he has absolute control of air.
- He can manipulate air currents and fly.
- He can generate and control wind.
- Cryokinesis: As the God of Winter, he has divine authority over the cold, ice, and snow.
- Boreas can freeze things.
- He controls blizzards and snowstorms.
- He can project jets of swirling ice and snow from his hands.
- He can make icy winds blow something out of the air.
- He can turn himself into anything associated with snow.
- He is fluent in French since he is based in Quebec.
- Aurora borealis, otherwise known as the Northern Lights of Canada, was named for him, and his mother Eos' Roman form, Aurora, since he is the god of the North Wind. Hyperborean cyclopes and Hyperborean giants are both named after him, as they both come from or live in the north (eg. Canada, Alaska)
- Boreas made his home in Quebec, Canada, and speaks the language of his host country, which is French.