Automatons are like robots but are more highly developed than ordinary machines. They have intricate circuitry in them which makes them hard to fix. Most are made out of Celestial Bronze with some exceptions. Charles Beckendorf described them as being dangerous if not fixed or activated the proper way. Most of the automatons found in Manhattan were created by Daedalus and were used as defense mechanisms. When asked why the automatons in New York were there, Annabeth Chase replied that they could be used to attack or defend Olympus depending on the activation sequence a.k.a Daedalus Twenty-Three. Some are made by Hephaestus, god of the forges, such as a defective Talos automaton from the Junkyard of the Gods.
- Able to withstand normal attacks.
- Able to deflect arrows.
- Have massive strength and endurance.
- Built-in manuevors, activated by voice command.
- William H. Seward's statue (as seen in The Last Olympian)
- Pompona's statue, Roman goddess of plenty (as seen in The Last Olympian)
- Statue of Hermes (as seen in The Last Olympian)
- The Lion Statues (as seen in The Last Olympian)
- A prototype of Talos (as seen in The Titan's Curse)
- Chuck and Hank (as seen in The Titan's Curse)
- The body of Quintus-as well as Daedalus's other automaton bodies (as seen in The Battle of the Labyrinth)
- The Colchis Bulls (as seen in The Sea of Monsters)
- The Metal Spiders (as seen in The Lightning Thief and The Battle of the Labyrinth)
- Festus (as seen in The Demigod Files and The Lost Hero )
- Many unfinished creatures in forges (as seen in The Battle of the Labrynth and possibly The Lost Hero)
- Aurum and Argentum, Reyna's companions (as seen in The Son of Neptune)
- Dozer, a small wind up device made by Leo, able to control other machines (as seen in The Lost Hero)